IrishBayrisch is a few things.
First of all, it is the name of these (web) pages. They are a place for people that
- are interested in Ireland, Bavaria, Germany and its relations,
- want to discover something new and
- want to share their own stories here.
It is also the name of a legendary wedding without these pages wouldn’t be possible. Find out more about it in the first blog post Welcome to IrishBayrisch!
For a lot of people IrishBayrisch is also a way of life. For those, who live in a Irish-Bavarian or Irish-German relationship or family.
We want to inspire people to
- get to know their own roots and home even more, appreciate them and celebrate them,
- be open to discover something new and understand a different perspective,
- contribute to the common understanding between different nations.
IrishBayrisch is basically everybody who is interested in Irland, Bavaria, Germany and its relations.
And it is especially if you
- are from Ireland and live in Bavaria or Germany,
- are from Bavaria and/or Germany and live in Ireland,
- are an Irish-Bavarian or Irish-German couple living somewhere in the world.
Spelling and pronunciation
IrishBayrisch consists of two parts: Irish, which is spelled and pronunced in English (“I-rish”) and Bayrisch, which is spelled and pronounced German (“By-rish”). Correctly pronounced IrishBayrisch sounds like this: “I-rish, By-rish”. That’s the way it rhymes.
Originally published on 28.07.2015, updated on 19.04.2020.